The transition into parenthood is challenging for both parents - and the relationship they share. But that doesn't mean that relationship has to suffer! Protect your marriage or relationship in the early stages of parenthood using these tips from relationship coach, Chelsea Skaggs.
We will discuss:
- Navigating resentment
- Resentment in motherhood
- Resentment for your spouse
- Being the default parent
- Loss of identity in motherhood
- Challenges of motherhood
- Struggles of motherhood
- Identifying your Unmet needs as a mother
- Unrealistic expectations in motherhood
- Feeling like an overwhelmed mom
- Better relationship after baby
- Communication in relationships after having a baby
- Early motherhood challenges
- Supporting your partner during postpartum
- Harms of social media for moms
- Unrealistic expections for moms on social media
- The idea of the perfect mom
- Trying to be the perfect mom
- Comparison in motherhood
- Comparing yourself as a mother
- Letting go of control in motherhood
- Coping with postpartum anxiety
- Empowering fathers in parenting
- Getting help from your husband
- Feeling like you should do it all in motherhood
- Standards of motherhood
- How to be more like a team as parents
- Having more fun in motherhood
- Internal vs external processors
Healthy communication in relationships
You can find Chelsea on Instagram!
Follow Root and Rise Podcast on Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok.
Special credit to Purple Planet Music for the background track, https://www.purple-planet.com
I'd be so honored to have you join me each week in a live group call on the Peanut App. If the thought of having to talk to a group makes you want to bury your head in the dirt, don’t worry! Your participation is absolutely not required - you are more than welcome to just listen in on the live pod.
Click to join the Root and Rise Peanut Group!